On April 2, 2020, Governor Kemp issued Executive Order to Ensure a Safe & Healthy Georgia. This Executive Order became effective at 6:00 pm on April 3, 2020, and runs through April 13, 2020, at 11:59 pm. Among the many directions that the order provides is for Georgians to “shelter-in-place” unless they are engaging in certain activities. Pursuant to the Executive Order, certain “critical infrastructure” businesses, establishments, corporations, non-profit corporations, and organizations, as defined by the U.S. Homeland Security, are considered “Critical Infrastructure” and can remain operational.
Is Foley Products Operating During The COVID-19 Pandemic?
Yes, we are operating during the COVID-19 pandemic. The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is a state agency that is deemed by the US Department of Homeland Security Cyber and Infrastructure Agency Memorandum to provide Critical Infrastructure and thus should remain open at this time. As a supplier of cement pipe and precast critical to infrastructure, we are fully operational.
How Are We Mitigating The Spread Of COVID-19 Among Our Workforce?
Foley Products is adhering to the recommendations put forth by the CDC, The Georgia Department of Public Health, and the Georgia Department of Transportation. These measures include, but are not limited to:
- Screening and evaluating workers who exhibit signs of illness, such as a fever over 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit, cough, or shortness of breath
- Requiring workers who exhibit signs of illness to not report to work or to seek medical attention
- Enhancing sanitation of the workplace as appropriate
- Requiring hand washing or sanitation by workers at appropriate places within the business location
- Providing personal protective equipment as available and appropriate to the function and location of the worker within the business location;
- Prohibiting gatherings of workers during working hours;
- Permitting workers to take breaks and lunch outside, in their office or personal workspace, or in such other areas where proper social distancing is attainable;
- Implementing teleworking for all possible workers;
- Implementing staggered shifts for all possible workers;
- Holding all meetings and conferences virtually, wherever possible;
- Delivering intangible services remotely wherever possible;
- Discouraging workers from using other workers’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment
- Providing disinfectant and sanitation products for workers to clean their workspace, equipment, and tools;
- Prohibiting handshaking and other unnecessary person-to-person contact in the workplace
- Placing notices that encourage hand hygiene at the entrance to the workplace and in other workplace areas where they are likely to be seen
- Suspending the use of Personal Identification Number (“PIN”) pads, PIN entry devices, electronic signature capture, and any other credit card receipt signature requirements to the extent such suspension is permitted by agreements with credit card companies and credit agencies
Contact Foley Products For Your Concrete Pipe And Precast Needs!
Since 1981, we have been a leading manufacturer of precast concrete products. We offer services to contractors in Alabama, Georgie, Florida, Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina. Contact us today at (706) 563-7882 to place an order or request a quote. We are always here for you!
To learn more about the concrete pipe and precast services that we offer, visit us on the web at Foley Products.